Together, the rich, bold flavor of molasses combined with the spicy sweetness of ginger is what makes gingerbread gingerbread. And just because the holidays are almost over, doesn’t mean you can’t continue to enjoy the tastes of the season well into the new year. Try adding the dynamic duo of molasses and ginger into your morning smoothie, latte, or tea. If you’re looking for something a bit more filling, try out these crispy, cannabis-infused gingerbread mini-cakes and add a little spice to your day!
Recipe for Cannabis-Infused Gingerbread Mini Cakes
Recipe makes 10-12 mini cakes (2-3” diameter)
½ cup gluten free baking flour
¼ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup raw coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
1 tbsp powdered ginger
1 tbsp dry ground cannabis flowers
1 cup hemp milk
¼ cup water
1 flax egg*
2 tbsp black strap molasses
2 tbsp cannabis-infused coconut oil, melted
Cannabis-infused cooking oil to grease griddle or pan
- Sift all the dry ingredients together, including the powdered ginger and ground cannabis, and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flax egg*, water, hemp milk, molasses, and melted infused coconut oil.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined. The batter should be slightly runny.
- Grease a griddle or pan with cannabis-infused cooking oil and warm up over medium heat to melt oil.
- Once oil is melted, turn heat to medium-low as to not burn the molasses while cooking the mini cakes .
- Scoop the batter unto the griddle using approximately one tablespoon of batter for each mini cake.
- Let cook on one side until edges are bubbly and firm (about 3-5 minutes), flip and repeat until brown on the other side.
- Serve hot!
These gingerbread mini-cakes are so full of delicious flavor that (in my opinion) they really don’t need any additional topping. However, if you would like to add a little something extra, I suggest topping your mini cakes with powdered sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg rather than maple syrup or butter.
*To make a flax egg: mix 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water in a small bowl. Allow mixture to thicken in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before use.
Read this full story…..: Recipe: Vegan Marijuana Gingerbread Mini Pancakes